Username:  
Password:  
Register 
It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 4:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Race Report Limestone GNCC
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:16 pm 

I decided to compete at the Limestone GNCC at LCRP last weekend to get a little seat time before I run the last three ACE races of the season. I arrived at LCRP last Friday evening around seven and was lucky to find a high spot to camp in way in the back of the property. Around 4AM I woke up to hear rain hitting the van roof and lasted well over an hour. Saturday morning was a sloppy mess as soon as I woke up and did my last minute preparations before the race. I arrived at the starting line thirty minutes early and found my spot on the line for the sport ATV class. I spoke with a few racers around my as we waited with a few taking a second look at my ATV and asking "Is that an Arctic Cat?". As the race started I found out the track was muddy and very slick. I ran my own race and paced myself since it was my first race in a morning ATV event. I pulled over when I had a chance to let faster racers get around. I made two laps like this and also used up the five tear offs that I put on my goggles during this time. During the first two laps it was easy to see that the ruts where getting deeper and becoming a real challenge. About fifteen minutes into lap three I encountered a hill with four different lines up. I chose what looked to be the best line but it ended up becoming deeper ruts towards the top. I became stuck and realized another quad stuck about fifty feet ahead of me. I was buried up to the frame and couldn't pick up the rear end. I sat there for at least thirty or forty minutes until the end of the race. I ended up finishing sixth in my class out of ten and 226th overall with around 300 ATVs competing.
Next week I am on to Millfield, OH to compete in the John Penton GNCC with the ACE in the 9am single seat UTV race.

Attachments:
gncc.jpg
gncc.jpg [ 30.61 KB | Viewed 3397 times ]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Race Report Limestone GNCC
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:40 am 
Site Admin

Good luck next week! How are you doing with the Ace?

Profile E-mail